Laws Whiskey Announces Bonded ’22 Release
Laws Whiskey House is a Colorado whiskey staple. They’ve been producing delicious Colorado craft spirits for over a decade. From easy drinkers to bold flavor-bombs, Laws has a little something for everyone.
Now, they’ve just announced the ’22 release for their annual Bonded bourbon and rye whiskey lineup.
Bonded Four Grain Rye – Batch #6S and #6F
Laws’ sixth release of their Bonded Four Grain Bourbon is one of the oldest bourbons to be released from the distillery and is composed of two separate batches. One batch is from the spring season of 2013, marked with batch code #6-S, and the other is from the fall season of the same year, marked with batch code #6-F.
- Batch #6-S of Laws’ Bonded Four Grain was distilled in the spring of 2013 and is a marriage of 18 barrels with an average maturation time of 8 years and 5 months.
- Batch #6-F of the Bonded Four Grain was distilled in the fall of 2013 and features 9 barrels with an average maturation time of 8 years and 2 months.
- Expect aromas of orange blossom, toffee, and apricot jam on the nose. On the tongue, those notes melt to brown butter and dates, leaving a dry finish with hints of sandalwood.
- Mash bill: 60% corn, 20% heirloom wheat, 10% heirloom rye, 10% heirloom malted barley.
Bottled in Bond 7yr San Luis Valley Straight Rye Whiskey – Batch #3
A fan favorite of many in the Laws Whiskey village, this is a distinctive, unapologetic rye, whose grain flavors continue to dominate the finish even after 7 years in charred oak barrels.
- Batch #3 of Laws’ Bonded San Luis Valley Straight Rye is a marriage of 23 barrels distilled in the fall season of 2014 with a total maturation time of 7 years and 1 month.
- Expect notes of cherry cola and black currant on the nose, followed by flavors of hazelnut, green mango, melon and the characteristic serrano pepper of Laws’ flagship rye. The whiskey finishes with star anise and sage flavors that complement each other and linger on the tongue.
- Mash bill: 95% heirloom rye, 5% heirloom barley.
Al Laws, Founder, says, “We’re excited to be on this journey of Laws’ commitment to creating exceptional Bottled in Bond whiskey, and it will continue to be a lead mark in the Laws Whiskey portfolio in years to come. We hope you enjoy these two special whiskeys as much as we do and we are grateful to everyone who joins us on our journey.”
The latest offerings in the brand’s growing Bonded portfolio will be available in key markets across the country starting April 2022 for a suggested retail price of $79.99.
You can learn more at https://lawswhiskeyhouse.com/
Why Bottled In Bond is Important:
Greg Sinadinos started his spirits journey writing a whiskey periodical for Fine Tobacco NYC Magazine. He began answering review requests under a social media page he named “Whiskey Culture,” which quickly merged with Greg’s passion for connecting with others and his interest in history.
Today, Greg travels the country not just looking for great whiskey, but also exploring the history and individuals that the whiskey community is founded upon. He has authored “Whiskey History From Around The World” and is the host of “The Rickhouse” web series.